Oh, did I mention I'm allergic to cats? Sadly, I haven't been able to breathe through my nose in almost 11 years.
2. My very first job was working at Safeway, bagging groceries, at the age of 14. I will forever be grateful for learning how to pack perfectly - and now I'm actually obsessed with finding the perfect home for everything, when I do pack. It's a sickness...I know.
3. I was in gymnastics for more than 12 years and firmly thought I was going to be the next Olga Korbut. My favorite apparatus was the uneven bars.
Me on the uneven bars - I believe I was 3 years old (with my sister in the background staring at my cute instructor!):
Olga Korbut on the uneven bars circa 1976 Olympics:
I know, the resemblance is uncanny isn't it? HA!
4. I played the classical violin for 14 years - at first it was because my Mom made me...but now, I'm so glad she did.
5. I love to travel! I'm the daughter of a retired commercial airline pilot and my brother is both a Captain in the Air Force as well as a pilot for Alaska Airlines...but sadly, I am afraid to fly! If I could click my heels together and just get there, I would - and let's just say that teleportation would be one of my all-time favorite super powers to have.
Some of my favorite destinations, thus far:
6. From the above, I think it's safe to say that I also have a huge passion for photography!
7. I traveled all throughout Central and South America for over 10 years, yet I don't speak Spanish. But I can order a mean quesadilla and dos cervezas por favor!
9. I am just getting back into training, so that I can run a Half Marathon next year. Yes, I'm waaaay out of shape and have a long way to go - but that's the plan.
Paula Radcliffe better watch out...
10. I miss my Mom, every single day.
So there you have it! 10 more random things about me, covering the month of July!
Until next month...