What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by my ever-so-lovely YA writer friends, Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. The idea? Well, it's a great opportunity to touch base once a week with all of our blog friends and let them know what's up. Should you wish to join, head on over to Jaime's blog and sign up with the link widget at the bottom of her post!
WHAT I'M READING:
I'm not sure what it is, but I'm having the hardest time with this series. Maybe it's because I have so many other fantastic books I can't wait to get to. Or maybe I'm just not that invested in the journey of Froi. While I'm liking his character much more than in the first book (Marchetta did an excellent job with his character arc), I'm just not hooked...at least not right now.
Then again, FINNIKIN took about half the book before it really picked up for me, so I'm thinking the same will happen here. At least I hope.
So of course what that means is I put FROI down last night and picked up ALLEGIANT instead -- and I'm over half way finished. While I really should've read the first two books over again, I just couldn't wait to get back into the land of Four.
I'm not quite sure what I think about it so far, but I'm looking forward to reading / hearing everyone's reviews of the final book and the series, once I'm finished.
I'm also writing this post from the Starbucks that's attached to my Barnes & Noble...so many great books are mere feet away from me, screaming for me to go in and buy them. Guess what I'll be doing today. :)
WHAT I'M WRITING:
While I really wanted to give NaNoWriMo a go this year, more important writing (read, revisions) will be taking over the month of November -- and most likely, December too.
I started in on my revisions for WTWF and I've been outlining some thoughts on how I want things to transpire. I'm really happy with how it's all coming together so far and I'm really looking forward to digging in on my MS since it's been almost three months!
Side note: if you're in need of some inspiration to write this month - especially if you're partaking in NaNo - the YA Buccaneers are upping the ante on the number of Word Sprints for the entire month. I hosted one last night and there will be another one this evening (8pm EST) and again tomorrow night (8pm EST) if you want to join -- #YABWordSprint.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW:
Since I'm a check list kinda girl, here's what inspires me:
- Starbuck's Pumkin Spice Lattes -- I know I'm supposed to be off coffee, but I've let myself have TWO PSL's this fall. Two. 2. Barely counts, right?
- Having this time off to write.
- Getting ready for the Holidays.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO:
And another list to sum up my life lately:
- Job hunting.
- All-day interviews.
- Costco-sized boxes of Kleenex (I have the longest running cold in history, going on my 3rd week! Ugh.)
- Christmas shopping (I know it's early, believe me, but my gifts to my siblings require some assembly that's going to take me a bit, so I started buying all the "parts" to get them out of the way).
- Captain Phillips (very well done, Mr. Hanks, very well done).
- Celebrating (yes, I'll be celebrating signing with Lisa for a few more weeks, minimum. :)).
- Great dinners.