Okay, so I totally lied. About the whole not posting thing. Because here I am, just days after I posted that I wasn't going to post...and I'm posting.
So let's reflect back on all the books of 2012. What fine reads had you burning through the pages at break-neck speed? Which books made you shed a tear? And were there any that made you shake uncontrollably with silent laughter at 2am in the morning?
Well, here are my answers - and if you're so inclined, feel free to fill out your own survey & link-up at Jamie's blog.
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
2. Book You Were Excited About and Thought You Were Going To Love More, But Didn’t?
NERVE by Jeanne Ryan. Reading the synopsis of this book, I thought the premise sounded really cool - however, it just fell flat for me.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
ON THE ISLAND by Tracey Garvis-Graves
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
I've got two:
In it's second appearance on my list: THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson
- and -
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2012?
Courtney Summers - author of THIS IS NOT A TEST, CRACKED UP TO BE, and SOME GIRLS ARE. I've got FALL FOR ANYTHING next up on my TBR pile and I definitely can't wait to get my hands on ALL THE RAGE next year!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
DON'T BREATHE A WORD by Holly Cupala. A book about abusive and controlling boyfriends, life on the streets of Seattle, and the lengths one girl will go, to never be found.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
SUCH A RUSH by Jennifer Echols.
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
This one goes again to THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
GRACELING by Kristen Cashore - and the entire series.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest = TEXTS FROM DOG by October Jones. Hands down, one of the funniest reads, too!
Longest = DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT by Laini Taylor. It's so long, I'm STILL reading it!
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
It wasn't just a scene, but the entire series of FIFTY SHADES OF GREY, FIFTY SHADES DARKER, and FIFTY SHADES FREED by E.L. James that all had me thinking, WTF just happened??? And then asking, how can I possibly get those hours of my life back? Yes, I thought they were THAT BAD.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Fire and Prince Brigan in FIRE by Kristen Cashore. Love Prince Brigan. Love.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously?
THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater
20. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
The SHATTER ME series by Tehereh Mafi.
21. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
DETERGENT aka DIVERGENT #3 by Veronica Roth
22. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
There are so many things I hope to blog about in 2013 - hopefully a post or two will be to share good news about my own writing journey!