Similar to Friday Fives, Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ hosted by the fabulous ladies over at YA Highway. Each Wednesday, they post a weekly writing - or reading - related question, and I'll blog about my answer here!
And this week's topic:
What are your all-time favorite book covers?
So, so, many wonderful book covers out there, ranging from beautiful scenery images, to a little bit creepy. Either way, a good cover evokes emotion - and often times, get's a potential reader to buy it in the first place.
Have you ever bought a book simply based on the cover - and was it just as good...or better?
Here are a few of my favorites, although I'm sure I've missed several!
1. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series (SHIVER, LINGER, and FOREVER) by Maggie Stiefvater
Loved the simplicity and color on all 3 covers.
2. The Mortal Instruments Series (CITY OF BONES, CITY OF ASHES, CITY OF GLASS, and CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS) by Cassandra Clare
Tons of hidden detail on each cover, that ties into the story.
3. THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH by Carrie Ryan
This cover was for the second publication of the book and I think it's much stronger than the first (even though the title is strong enough to pull you in on it's own!).
4. BAD TASTE IN BOYS by Carrie Harris
This one is in my TBR pile, but I love the cover!
5. TWENTY BOY SUMMER by Sarah Ockler
Such a beautiful tie-in to a lovely story.