Another Friday is upon us!
And on top of that, it's finally sunny here in Seattle! I think we've had a total of 72 hours of sun, since the year started...and I know, I know, many of you are suffering with 100+ degree heat and enough humidity that would make my hair bring better reception to my cell phone - but it's been so. gross. here. As in yesterday, it was raining, gray, and a whopping 62 degrees. That was the high temperature for the day folks, not the low. And it's July freakin' 22nd for cryin' out loud (well past July 5th, the official start of summer for Seattle!).
But today is beautiful - waaaaaay too pretty to be sitting in an office, that's for sure! And today's Paper Hanger Friday Fives question is a fun one, although, most of the contests I know of, ended this week - but, here goes!
The Five Best Book / Writing Contests
1. WriteOnCon and TheReadingRoom.com: A first 500 MG/YA words contest. Grand Prize is $1000 AND an author profile page on TheReadingRoom.com. In addition, your work will be considered for possible representation by literary agent, Catherine Drayton.
2. Writer's Digest: Young Adult Fiction Contest. There is an entry fee of $20, but the prizes?
- First Prize: The First Place-Winner receives $1,000 cash, promotion in Writer’s Digest, $100 worth of Writer’s Digest Books and the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market.
- Second Prize: The Second Place-Winner receives $500 cash, promotion in Writer’s Digest, $100 worth of Writer’s Digest Books and the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market.
- Honorable Mention: Honorable Mentions will receive promotion in Writer’s Digest and the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market.
Check out their website for all the details!
3. Goodreads book giveaway for POSSESSION, by Elana Johnson
4. GoodReads book giveaway for SHUT OUT, by Kody Keplinger
5. LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR, by Stephanie Perkins - plus 2 other books, on Carolina Valdez Miller's blog!