As 2010 comes to an end, I found myself looking back at the many things that happened this year.
Here are a few that made my top 10 list for 2010, in chronological order from start to finish throughout the year:
- I started my blog A Little Of This & That in February, 2010.
- Against all better judgement, I crossed over to the dark side and joined Twitter. I never thought this would be something I'd do - but I've found some amazing connections through this form of social media, and I'm glad I succumbed!
- I said I Love You for the very last time, to the most amazing woman in my life: my Mom. Miss you, every day.
- I met several wonderful people this year:
a. Heidi Sinnett, my a-mazing critique partner extraodinaire from Canada, that helped me through a bit of a messy year. 2011 is our year, Trixie!
b. Bridgid "Boom" Gallagher, another fab-u-lous critique partner and talented web page designer - I'm so glad you live in my neck of the woods! Here's to author signings, and when they're finally for us - I'll be the first in line for your autograph!
c. Karyn Johnson - another incredible writer and friend, that enjoys Mexican fried ice cream, just as much as I do!
d. Maureen Dunn - lover of all things shopping (I heart your shoe fetish that matches my own!), YA writer, and wonderful spirit.
e. And to all my new blog followers - you've all been fab!
- I survived the query process for another WIP, that led to 14 partial requests and 9 fulls - and learned a plethora of invaluable information that I will take with me the next time I venture into the slush pile.
- I attended my very first writers conference in July - the Pacific Northwest Writer's Association writer's conference. It was amazing and eye-opening, to say the least.
- I decided to get my rear, back in to gear and joined the CrossFit Basic box in September. It's been one of the hardest endeavors I've ever taken on - but I'm so grateful for the mass amounts of wonderful people I've met, and how great it really makes me feel. CrossFitters are truly in a league of their own.
- I attempted and won the NaNoWriMo challenge for the first time. 50,000 words in the 30 days of November. Oh, I'll be doing that one again next year!
- I completed my third Young Adult novel - THE CHOSEN, which I'll be editing like a mad woman over the next couple of months, when my CP's have finished tearing it up...and then, I'll unleash it to the Query Gods! 2011 is the year, I feel it!
- I realized for the second time in my life, that writing and becoming a published author, is what I really want to do when I grow up. But unlike the first time I thought that (I think I was three), I'm actually going to do something about it this time.
What made your list this year? I'd love to hear your comments!
I wish everyone a very Happy New Year's - and with that, I leave you with a funny list of the Do's and Don'ts of New Year's:
Kiss someone with your beer goggles on - you'll inevitably regret it in the morning. And the walk-o-shame is fun, for no one.